Govt. Maharani Laxmi Bai Girls P.G. College (formerly known as Govt. New  Girls P.G.College ) is one of the prominent colleges  in Indore situated in the Kila Bhavan ( the Fort)which has a glorious historical origin. The fort was constructed in 1860 by the Holkar State.

The college which was   established in 1963 and was shifted to the Fort in 1965 from a nearby school where it had been running since its inception. 

C A M P U S    VIEW

 

The college occupies an area of nearly 13 acres with a built up area of more than 50,000 sq. feet. The college began with a modest strength of 28 which has now reached the strength of more than 2500 with the faculties like arts, commerce, science, home science and library science.

The college has acquired the basic infrastructure and is committed to develop an institution that can be ranked as a college of excellence with specialized career- oriented courses. The orientation is towards making it an autonomous college with all necessary facilities for students’ training with a view to make them confident, dynamic and well prepared to meet the national and global challenges.

The college has facilities like computer training for all faculties and specific training for students like bachelor in Library and information science, Computer  application, Biochemistry, Biotechnology ,Bio-informatics, Office management, Tax-procedure, 0pharmaceutical chemistry etc. Post graduate courses in Dance, Instrumental Music, Drawing and Painting are the special features of the college. Fine arts departments promote art and culture keeping in view the global standards.

 

 

 

UPDATES