Govt. Maharani Laxmi Bai Girls P.G. College (formerly known as Govt. New Girls P.G.College ) is one of the prominent colleges in Indore situated in the Kila Bhavan ( the Fort)which has a glorious historical origin. The fort was constructed in 1860 by the Holkar State. The college which was established in 1963 and was shifted to the Fort in 1965 from a nearby school where it had been running since its inception.